A lot of shop owners decide at some point to hire a coaching company to assist and advise them on the various aspects of being a business owner. Being an owner can be very challenging, especially if you don’t have a business background. Many shop owners started as technicians and don’t have any professional business training. Running a business is a complex process and attempting to tackle it alone can be overwhelming. We often get asked by our clients if they should consider working with a coaching company. Here are 5 reasons why you might want to consider it:
- Being an auto repair shop owner is a unique position. With so many facets to your work, it can be helpful to have a coach who understands your industry and can help you better organize your business.
- “Big businesses” have departments: Paar Melis helps with accounting, but there are other departments too – marketing, human resources, operations, etc. A coach can help you in addressing these other departments.
- A coach can help you discover areas of strength and weakness in terms of your business. Being aware of your own weaknesses could turn out to be your biggest strength.
- Once these areas of weakness are discovered, a coach can then help you come up with processes to enhance and strengthen the vulnerabilities.
- Networking opportunities! Getting to know other shop owners in the same coaching company can offer opportunities for collaboration and camaraderie. Exchanging information and advice with others at various points of their ownership journey could prove to be invaluable.
Bottom line – if you think you might be interested in hiring a coach, reach out to some fellow shop owners and see who they are using, or check out this Remarkable Results podcast with Carm Capriotto on hiring a business coach: https://remarkableresults.biz/remarkable-results-radio-podcast/e596/.
There are several quality coaching companies across the country. You may need to look into a few of them to see what could be a good fit for you and your shop.